Our scientific advisory board plays an important role as we aim to develop the best medicines possible from our intellectual property. Our Scientific Advisory Board meets twice a year to discuss and evaluate potential opportunities and guide our scientists as they work to develop new and improved versions of our existing products.
Sir John Vane, D.Sc., F.R.S. (1927-2004)
1982 Nobel Laureate in Physiology or Medicine
Click here for Martine Rothblatt's tribute to Sir John.
Professor Baruch S. Blumberg, Ph.D. (1925-2011)
1976 Nobel Laureate in Physiology or Medicine
Click here to view United Therapeutics Board Of Directors Resolution Honoring Dr. Blumberg.
Click here to view Professor Raymond Dwek's Tribute to Dr. Blumberg.
Robert C. Bourge, MD
- Professor of Medicine, Radiology, and Surgery
- Director, Division of Cardiovascular Disease
- Vice Chair, Administration and Finance
- Department of Medicine
- University of Alabama at Birmingham
Professor Raymond A. Dwek, F.R.S.**
- Professor of Glycobiology
- Director of the Glycobiology Institute
- University of Oxford
Lewis J. Rubin, M.D, FRCP
- Emeritus Professor of Medicine
- Emeritus Director, Pulmonary and Critical Care Division
- University of California, San Diego School of Medicine
Thomas E. Starzl, M.D., Ph.D
Hon. Louis W. Sullivan, M.D.**
- Founding President and President Emeritus
- Morehouse School of Medicine
- Former Secretary of United States
- Department of Health and Human Services
Samuel O. Thier, M.D
- Professor of Medicine and Health Care Policy, Emeritus
- Harvard Medical School / Massachusetts General Hospital
Sir Magdi H. Yacoub, F.R.S.
- Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery
- National Heart and Lung Institute
- Imperial College London
**Member of United Therapeutics' Board of Directors
United Therapeutics Corporation